top of page

Financial Assistance

We regret that we are unable to provide direct financial assistance. Below is information and links for several organizations that provide Veteran's financial aid. Many of the national charities have qualification requirements that must be met to receive aid - Post 9/11 combat, service connected disability, etc. Please check each organization's website for specific qualifications.

Many of the listed organizations also offer numerous Veterans rehabilitation, transition and assistance programs.



National Organizations



  • Army Emergency Relief -

    • AER funds are made available to commanders having AER Sections to provide emergency financial assistance to soldiers - active & retired - and their dependents when there is a valid need. AER funds are not limited and are constrained only by the requirement of valid need.

    • Eligibility - Soldiers on active duty and their eligible dependents. Soldiers retired from active duty because of longevity, or retired upon reaching age 60 (Reserve Component) and their eligible Family members. Widows(ers) and orphans of Soldiers who died while on active duty or while retired. Medically retired Soldiers and their eligible Family members. Members of the Reserve Component of the Army (Army National Guard and Army Reserve under Title 10 U.S.C.) on continuous active duty for more than 30 consecutive days and their eligible Family members.


  • Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society -

    • Assistance with food, rent/mortgage, utilities, essential home repairs, establishing a new residence, including security and utility deposits, car expenses, such as repairs and insurance deductibles, medical expenses, etc.

    • Eligibility - Active duty or retired Sailors and Marines Eligible, family members with military ID card,  surviving spouses, reservists on active duty of 30 days or more.


  • Operation Once in a Lifetime

    • Financial assistance based upon need and availability of funding.

    • Eligibility - No specific critieria other than a Veteran or family member.

  • Armed Forces Foundation -

    • Provides assistance with rent, bills, car payments, etc.

    • Eligibility - Active duty military personnel, Veterans separated from active duty within the past 18 months, Reservists who have been mobilized for at least six months in the past 18 months.


  • Operation First Response -

    • Provides financial aid for rent, utilities, medical, travel, groceries, clothing, etc.

    • Eligibility - OFR assists wounded, injured and critically ill Service Members and Disabled Veterans from all branches.


  • Veterans of Foreign Wars Unmet Needs Program -

    • The program provides financial aid of up to $5,000 to assist with basic life needs in the form of a grant - rent, utilities, housing, food, clothing, medical bills, etc.

    • Eligibility - Service Members or Veterans that have been Honorably Discharged from the military within the past 72 months. Hardship must have been due to deployment, military pay issue or military injury.


  • USA Cares -

    • The Emergency Assistance program pays immediate, essential bills, including food and utility bills.

    • Eligibility - Post 9/11 Veterans who have been discharged or retired within the past three years.


  • Semper Fi Fund/America's Fund -

    • Financial assistance for expenses that are most pressing for a wounded veteran during a long hospitalization or rehabilitation.

    • Eligibility - Post-9/11 wounded, critically ill and injured members of all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, and their families.


  • Operation Homefront -

    • Shelter, rent, mortgage, utilities, temporary lodging, vehicle expenses, car payments, car insurance, aAirfare to transport a family member to assist a military family during illness or for childbirth, childcare during illness or surgery, emergency dental expenses, critical baby items, other emergency financial needs.

    • Eligibility - Post 9/11 Veteran injured in the line of duty, service member of rank E1-E6 and one of the following: Currently deployed to an overseas location and receiving Hostile Fire Pay, Assigned to a ship that has been at sea for 30+ days and is en route to theater, forward deployed, or otherwise on a mission status - not a training status, On unaccompanied, overseas PCS orders and receiving Hostile Fire Pay, or A National Guard member or Reservist on Title 10 orders (not Title 32) who either: Will deploy to an overseas Hostile Fire Pay theater in the next 90 days, or Has returned from an overseas Hostile Fire Pay theater within the past 180 days.


  • Salute Heroes -

    • Emergency Financial Aid for expenses such as utility bills, car payments and repair costs, mortgage and rent payments, groceries, school supplies and clothing, medical bills, etc.

    • Eligibility - An injury sustained during combat in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation New Dawn or in support of those operations in a hostile environment. A disability rating assigned by the Department of Defense or the Department of Veterans Affairs of 30 percent or greater from a single, sustained injury.


  • Rebuild Hope -

    • Help with basic living expenses like food, utilities, gasoline, rent etc.

    • Eligibility - An OIF/OEF veteran honorably discharged during the past 3 years, OR an OIF/OEF veteran initially diagnosed with moderate to severe PTSD during the past 3 years, OR a service member in a warrior transition unit destined for a medical discharge. You must also have been issued a service-connected disability rating of at least 50%, OR submitted a claim to the VA that merits such a rating.


  • Heroes Care -

    • Emergency financial aid for housing, medical, utilities, etc.

    • All Veterans with service connected disability rating.


  • Operation We are Here - Provides a comprehensive listing of Veterans organizations that provide financial and other assistance.


State Veterans Assistance


State and local benefits assistance guide contains information on state government Veterans financial benefits.


bottom of page